Industry: Financial Institution
Reports To: MD
- Maintenance of a Risk Reporting System in an appropriate way for different audiences, for example to the Board of Directors so they understand the most significant risks, to senior management and business heads to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks procedures.
- Planning, designing, and implementing overall risk management processes and procedures for the organization by developing the appropriate framework and operating models.
- Performance of periodic assessment, which involves managing the process of analyzing upside and downside risks as well as identifying, describing, and estimating the quantitative and qualitative risks affecting the business.
- Monitors the Bank’s internal policies, procedures, and guidelines relating to the integrity of the Bank’s clients, sponsors, borrowers, and other counterparties with whom the Bank interacts.
- Review of risk exposure and risk evaluation which involves comparing estimated risks with risk criteria established by the organization such as costs, exposure limits, legal requirements, and environmental factors.
- Risk treatment by selecting and implementing measures to control and mitigate risks including activities to avoid risks, transfer risks, and finance risks.
- Conducting reviews of policy, processes, and systems including liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Coordinates with the Bank’s nominated Anti-Money Laundering Officer and ensures liaison with relevant external bodies, including standard setters and external experts.
- Provide follow-up on approved recommendations of CBN, NDIC, and internal and external auditors to ensure timely compliance.
- Advise management of any possible area of policy weakness and recommend amendments as appropriate.
- Custody of all Bank’s policies, processes, and key function documents.
- Supervise and support the system auditor in ensuring the protection of information assets of the bank through regulated physical and other forms of access to the Bank’s system.
- Ensure that activities of departments are carried out with management-established procedures and industry standards.
- Coordinate timely rendition of reports on a daily, weekly, monthly and adhoc basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Attention to Details.
Objective and Independent-Minded.
Good Interpersonal relationship.
High retentive memory.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Zero tolerance to errors, negligence, irregularity, and fraud.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENT:
Minimum of 5 years working experience in Risk, audit, and banking-related functions.
Minimum of BSc/HND in Accounting from a reputable institution.
Working knowledge of the microfinance subsector is required.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office tools – word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Possessing an MBA will be an advantage.
Interested and qualified? Kindly click link https://forms.gle/mSvrcKoKZY73T4ju5 to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
■Please feel free to share. You might be helping someone get a good job.