Job Engagement: Full Time
Job Type: Contract
Salary: USD 42,000 – 60,000 Pa
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Understand full SKU range that is currently being produced in existing plant(s).
- With inputs of cross-functional teams, finalize the list of SKUs for which manufacturing has to be moved to Nigeria based on defined criteria.
- Understand volume growth for next 3 years by SKU for all markets.
- Understand the BOM and key RM/ PM required for these volumes over next 3 years.
- Understand the current supplier base for this RM/ PM and if the supply base will remain same/ change.
- Evaluate the capacity and capabilities required to make these volumes over next 3 years in mixing, filling, utilities, building.
- Work with Q&C and R&D to finalize the equipment and capabilities.
- Understand any special storage and QC requirements to handle these materials.
- Assess if any external/ regulatory certifications are required to export to these markets/ customers.
- Evaluate any local regulations that might need to be adhered/ implemented to manufacture this product portfolio in Nigeria.
- Assessment of technical capabilities / talent to manage the technology/ equipment.
Site and Layout Assessment
- Based on the assessments, define the plant layout and space required to house these capacities and capabilities for both manufacturing areas as well as storage areas.
- Work out 2-3 options [Expand existing plan, setup new SEZ plant, Re-organization of plant layout, etc.) to house this layout.
- Pros/ Cons and Cost Comparison on the options and get the due approvals.
- Engage external consultants to finalize the site with all legal, regulatory approvals.
- Define the overall Project Network, Critical Path Schedule for overall transition.
- Work with operations and regional teams on overall ramp up/ ramp down/ inventory build up plans to support that. Get due approvals.
- Work with technical and civil consultants on overall capex requirement for the defined layouts and project based on the final plan and get approvals.
- Engage an overall project execution agency following the right controls protocols and oversee the project execution till commissioning phase.
- Be the overall custodian of capex spend, tracking and accounting.
- Partner with manufacturing team and HR to build or chart for the new operations and finalize a training / induction plan well ahead of commissioning.
- Work with Q&C, R&D to define line qualification and commissioning protocols and commission the project and give running hand over to the manufacturing operations team.
- Ensure EHS guidelines are met in execution and also in design. Right First time.
- Ensure that necessary approvals from statutory bodies are applied and taken on time (e.g. factories inspectorate, pollution control board, labour inspectorate, product approvals, etc.).
- Identify any Fixed Asset Disposal/ Ramp down plan, get approvals and help find right partners and execute.
- Understand any sunk costs/ write off costs/ retrenchment costs across people/ assets/ RM/PM/ FG and get due approvals and execute as per plan and compliance.
- Share weekly updates to the right CFT(Cross Functional team) on update of progress.
- Proactively call out risks/ barriers and call out for help.
- Have a detailed contingency plan especially for business continuity/ volume for going concern markets especially during transition.
- Have a business risk matrix for the project and detailed risk mitigation plan.
6-10 years experience in manufacturing/ Project management/ Supply Chain.
Bachelors in Engineering. MBA in operations/ supply chain would be an added advantage.
Good experience of managing capacity expansion projects.
Hands on experience of managing similar capacity addition project and/ or managing FMCG plants.
Excellent understanding of technology landscape in FMCG manufacturing and supply chain.
Program Management/ Project Management Fundamentals.
Ability to work with vendors and internal/ external partners to finalize technology for manufacturing and identify new improved technology/ automation/manufacturing / process improvements.
Exceptional leadership, influence and cross functional collaboration capabilities.
What’s on Offer?
Opportunity within a company with a solid track record of performance
Join a market leader within FMCG
Fantastic work culture