Position Type: Full-time
Qualification: B.Sc./BA in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, Business or similar relevant field
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos (Hybrid)
We are looking for an experienced Travel Specialist to join our team! If you are passionate and enthusiastic about traveling, and if you love improving others’ travel experiences, you will love this job! Multilingualism is an advantage. We seek a specialist who can interact with clients and help them make informed decisions on
their travel plans. The goal is to enhance satisfaction and acquire an expanding and dedicated clientele. This contract requires signing of a Non-Disclosure/Non-Compete agreement.
- Determining clients’ needs and suggesting suitable travel packages
- Organizing travels from beginning to end, including tickets, accommodation and
- Supplying travellers with pertinent information and useful travel/holiday materials
- Promote sales & profit goals
i. Research, explore and study different travel destination options
ii. Research destination and travel prices, customs, weather conditions, reviews etc.
iii. Research and study clients’ specifications and wishes
iv. Plan and sell transportations, accommodations, insurance and other travel services
v. Cooperate with clients to determine their needs and advise them appropriate destination,
modes of transportations, travel dates, costs and accommodations
vi. Provide relevant information, brochures and publications (guides, local customs, maps,
regulations, events etc) to travellers
vii. Book transportation, make hotel reservations and collect payment/fees
viii. Use promotional techniques and prepare promotional materials to sell itinerary tour
ix. Deal with occurring travel problems, complaints or refunds
x. Attend travel seminars to remain updated with tourism trends
xi. Enter data into our software and maintain client files
xii. Maintain relationships with key persons
xiii. Network with tour operators
xiv. Maintain statistical and financial records
xv. Meet profit and sales targets
- 2 years of experience as a Travel Agent or similar role
- BA in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, Business or similar relevant field
- Knowledgeable about travel, tourism, offers & its trends
- Good knowledge of travel software
- Good sales and presentation skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
The following monthly targets mandatory and consistent with our operating policies.
- Convert 20 leads to customers monthly.
- Provide 50 leads contacts.
- Design policies from customer feedback/research for optimised operations.
- Close sales of N25,000,000.
- If conditions 1, 2, and (3 or 4) are distinction rated;
a “Commitment Bonus” of N50,000.00 is awarded to Travel Specialist for the month.
- Dealings shall follow the Employment Agreement of the company.
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) & Non-compete clauses apply.
Salary & Benefits
Monthly Salary shall apply. Details are outlined in the employment agreement.
Work schedule is from 8:30AM to 6:00PM. An hour break ideally from 12Noon to 1:00PM
applies. Work days are Monday to Friday. However, it is customary that you have flexible
hours on a 24-hour schedule to aid operations and clients travelling across different time zones
– hence, accessibility at all times is required.
Hybrid work schedule is Physical presence at the office 3 to 4 days a week, Monday,
Wednesday, Friday or as scheduled by your supervisor.
On some occasions, a 4-hours Saturday may be required.
Remote Work Days requires Sign-in at 8:00AM and close out at 6:00PM.
Time off Policy
Public holidays are not considered as part of this contract agreement.
Waivers may be granted in the form of “Remote Work Day” – a day you can work from home
or be on standby when there are on-going trips.