Suitable start-ups to be funded through develoPPP Ventures are selected during an open call for applications. This takes place twice a year and is open to all start-ups that meet the conditions for participation. Depending on the target country, the funding contract is concluded with one of the two implementing partners, DEG Impulse gGmbH or Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
DEG Impulse gGmbH and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH with funds from the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) support young companies to scale innovative business models in selected emerging markets that create positive impact and contribute to achieving the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Your company is registered in the target country or plans to register there prior to the co-financed growth investment
- You are pursuing an innovative business model and are already generating initial revenues (proof of concept)
- Your business model has high development relevance and scalability and contributes to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- The current develoPPP Ventures call for applications (November 15 to December 31) is open in Kenya, Nigeria and Tanzania.
- The company is registered in the target country OR plans to register there prior to the investment
- The company is privately owned and profit-oriented • At least one annual financial statement is provided
- A viable business plan and a financial plan is available
- The company is operative and has generated first revenues from operating activities (Proof of Concept)
- The company should not have acquired more than a maximum of EUR 2 million in funding to date
For More Information,
Application Deadline: December 31st, 2023.