Abax-OOSA Professionals is a member firm of MSI Global Alliance, an international network of independent professional and consulting firms which provide strategic and business growth consulting services in Accountancy, Audit and assurance, Advisory, Taxation, Training & Development, and HR Management Consultancy to small and medium-sized businesses (profit-oriented growth enterprises) using cutting edge tools and resources not usually available to other accounting firms.
Job Position: Senior Audit Associate
Position type: Full-time
Job Location: Lagos
The Audit Senior Associate will assist the auditing team with the planning and administration of assignments. The Audit Senior Associate is also responsible for drafting financial statements, preparing budgets, conducting statutory and non-statutory audits, and verifying the financial information of an organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with audit planning procedures including audit tests using the Firm’s audit methodology/program, as well as proprietary audit software.
- Understanding of audit and accounting standards (ISA and IFRS) and their application in Audit/Assurance engagements.
- Assist in the compilation of the annual audit plan in conjunction with the Audit Supervisor, Audit Manager and Engagement partner.
- Assist in performing audit and assurance engagement activities, undertaking specific tasks in the planning, execution and delivery stages of the audit under supervision.
- Execute assigned engagement-related tasks under supervision, including tests of controls, analytical procedures, substantive tests and collection of evidence to corroborate information as part of the audit program.
- Examine financial statements, identify risks or problems and assess the company’s general internal control system.
- Checking that financial reports, schedules and records received from the Client are complete, accurate and reliable in line with audit documentation procedures.
- Liaising with manager, and supervisor and presenting/reporting audit findings and making recommendations.
- Ensuring procedures, policies, legislation and regulations are correctly followed and complied with.
Ensure compliance with the firm’s quality control procedures.
- Validate the accuracy of information accompanying the audit report, perform data analysis and identify significant accounting and auditing issues present in the data.
- Be a team player, working cooperatively and communicating effectively in the work environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required.
Education and/or Experience:
- A good Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in auditing, with a professional audit services firm.
- Qualified Member of ICAN, ACCA or ACA.
- Knowledge of best practices and financial reporting standards.
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing procedures.
- Computer literate and have a good knowledge of accounting software.
- Strong Research and Analytical skills.
- Team Player and cross-collaborator.
- Familiar with the use of Audit software.
30th November 2023.
How to Apply
Candidates with relevant experience are to send their CVs ONLY to Abaxoosa.firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.